I've somehow got a sponsorship...

How to get a sponsorship:

1. Be very interested in the strength and conditioning game, spend copious amounts of your free time reading the latest research and opinion from leading experts.

2. Structure intelligent training according to 1, help to train others and write articles for those you don't train with.

3. More or less phase out working on 1 and 2 due to time pressures from working towards a PhD and a general dissatisfaction with the B.S. of 99% of the fitness industry.

4. Keep training hard, keep repping legit companies you believe in, occasionally post about both on Instagram.

5. Completely out the blue, get approached by said legit company, asking if you want a sponsorship.

6. Profit.

I concede, it's not the usual route, however much to my surprise, this is what has just happened to me. As such,  after being a long time fan, I'm now a very happy member of (ludicrously potent supplement and awesome apparel manufacturer) Chaos and Pain's #TeamMostHated.



"Well what the bloody F does that mean to me?" you may very well ask. It means you can get 20% off everything at Chaos and Pain (click to visit) by using the discount code 'CnPwithDC' (see what I did there). For those familiar with the general badassery CnP bring to the table, I likely need to say no more. For others a little context may be necessary.

This is Chaos and Pain, in their own words:

Chaos and Pain began as a tiny blog stuffed into a dusty, long forgotten corner of the internet, a minor bit of esoterica awash in a sea of mediocre writing, unoriginal thought, and oft-regurgitated dogma. The progenitor of the blog, Jamie Lewis, and his occasional training partner, Wayne Banks, decided one day that the Chaos and Pain training style (high volume, high frequency, haphazard and teeth-gnashingly aggressive) would play well into supplements. Jamie had been making his own fat burners for years, and the market has been dying for hyper-extreme, yet legal alternatives to the industry standard. Thus, the two forged a business partnership to bring Jamie's vision for the supplement future to market.

Domination of the competition is the name of the game, and Chaos and Pain is about to bring their success on the field of strength sports into the world of supplements. You have been warned.


Look at some of the goodies that you can get 20% off.

As it says above, CnP started as a blog of the insanely strong and generally just insane Jamie Lewis. Well researched, aggressively delivered and never afraid to unapologetically go against the grain; I immediately counted myself a fan and proceeded to read every article on the site.

Fast forward a bit; a lot of articles (containing a lot of NSFW material - you have been warned!) and a few world records down, CnP start selling their own supplements. True to form, these do not look like your average globo-supplement-company products. Ranging from pre-workouts that push the borders of legally acceptable stimulant doses, to impressively complex blends of research backed brain boosting compounds, to sleep aids, joint support and more; these are well thought out supplements, wrapped in a bit of CnP's signature aggression and put to market at very reasonable price points.

Who else sticks Vlad the Impaler on their T-shirts? ...no one, that's who

I'm sure some may think that I'm merely saying all this now the company have decided to give me some free stuff, but Chaos and Pain are genuinely a company I have been a long time fan of and have repeatedly spent my money on the awesome shit they sell. Anyone that knows me well knows that parting me and my money is no easy feat, so if they can count me among happy returning customers, they must be doing something right.

That is me, doing squat lockouts with as much weight as the bar at the gym could hold (330kg, for any wondering), I'm also wearing a Chaos and Pain T-shirt. Coincidence...I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment